After an obscene amount of time reading the forum at: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=20 I went ahead and ordered parts.
What do I have enroute?
Direct from Ping Battery (Direct from China): #
- A 15Ah, 48V LiFePo (Lithium Iron Phosphate) battery.
From ebikes.ca: #
- 9 continental 9x7 wound motor, rim, and spokes (2807). This guy has 23 poles!
- 35A Infineon motor controller (yes, this is too much for the battery pack, I'm going to current limit with the Cycle Analyst
- Cycle Analyst (tool for speed, voltage, amp-hours consumed, etc)
- Brake Handle with switch to cut out motor
From Amazon: #
From Recycled Cycles: #
- A set of thumb friction shifters to replace the 8 speed index shifter (which won't work with my new freewheel)
From Gregg's Cycles: #
- New bearings for my front wheel
- Cone wrench
- New cables
From Stoneway Hardware: #
- 5mm Fender Washers (first time I'm ever using fender washers on actual fenders)
- 5mm button head socket head cap screws